This party season, we’re tearing up the rules. Curated exclusively by fashion influencer Anisa Sojka (@anisasojka), this season’s evening edit comprises high-voltage sequins, bold knits and vivacious velvet devoré, made to be clashed and carried right past the midnight hour…
Tell us about the pieces you’ve chosen…
For the festive season I love sequins, glitter and all things that sparkle. They really do get you in the mood for celebration! My gold skirt and dress especially make me feel like a walking disco ball – ready to get the party started. I love the sheer details on the jumpsuit as well, with glitter details that make it unique.
How will you be styling them this festive season?
I like to mix and match textures; I find it makes every look more interesting. For example, pairing a simple sweater with a sequin skirt dresses the look down slightly, making the sparkles appropriate for a casual drinks reception. For sequin dresses, a pair of pumps is the usual go-to but I like taking the uncommon route with leather boots to spice it all up a notch.
How will you be wearing them in the new year?
My orange knit is a year-round purchase. Because it’s a bright colour and not a heavy sweater, it works from spring all the way to winter. Styled with jeans or a skirt, it’ll go with almost anything. The jumpsuit, on first glance, seems like an evening-only option however, pop a chunky sweater on top and it will act as wide leg trousers for the office too. Similarly, mini black bags work from day to night, making them versatile accessories you’ll want hanging around.
What’s on your Christmas wish-list this year?
I love the Monsoon rose quartz coasters – the gold detailing is so chic! They would make even my morning coffee feel fancy. I’ve also been obsessed with coats this season and have built up quite the collection so I actually need a new coat stand. Any takers?
What’s your ultimate fail-safe gift?
I find a nice set of glasses never fail. Everyone uses glasses and if you’re as clumsy as I am, you find yourself in need of more every now and then.
Define the season your way with our competition to win £300 worth of Monsoon Occasionwear product – head over to Instagram now to enter.
1. Promoter: Monsoon Accessorize Limited, 1 Nicholas Road, London W11 4AN (“Monsoon”). Registered no. 1098034.
2. Entry opens at 7pm BST on 27th November 2018 and closes at 7pm BST on 4th December 2018.
3. To enter, followers must do the following: follow Monsoon, comment on the designated Instagram entry post by tagging a friend and also like the post. An extra entry point is gained by reposting the competition image to their feed, tagging @Monsoon in the post.
4. A winner will be selected at random from all valid entries. The result of the draw shall be final.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. Entrants must be 18 or over, resident in the UK and have a valid email address, UK postal address and UK telephone number.
7. Monsoon shall be entitled in its sole discretion to remove the tag, report, disqualify or require you to modify or delete content that it deems obscene, offensive, derogatory, invasive of another’s privacy, in breach of confidence or in breach of any other intellectual property right (including copyright) or that otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation.
8. Winners will be notified via Instagram at 1pm on 5th December 2018.
9. In the event that the winner fails to respond by midnight on 10th December 2018, they will be disqualified from the draw. The Entry shall be void and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate winner, drawn at random from the remaining entries.
10. The prize is a £300 Monsoon gift voucher, which will be sent to the winner, by post.
11. If the prize is lost it will not be replaced.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
13. For all queries relating the competition please contact Anna at email@example.com
14. Prize is not refundable or transferable, and there is no cash alternative available.
15. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this competition.
16. Employees (and their immediate family members) of Monsoon Accessorize Limited or its associated companies are not eligible to enter the draw.
17. Monsoon reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
18. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this competition.
19. A ‘valid entry’ for the purposes of term 8 is an entry in compliance with the terms and conditions set out above.
20. Entry into the prize draw will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.