Christmas is all about the personal touches – and Claire Menary agrees. To celebrate the season of giving, we asked the blogger and photographer to put together a carefully curated edit of her favourite gifts from our latest collection, and asked her how she’ll be defining the season in our exclusive Q&A.
Tell us about the pieces you’ve chosen…
I really enjoy buying people one big ‘main’ present and then lots of little gifts for Christmas so I turned to Monsoon to find those smaller treasures. I love that the homeware range has a variety of accessories that will help me tick off many people on my Christmas gift list this year. For my jet-setting pal, the star-print travel wallet and matching tag which will certainly come in handy if you’re on a plane as much as she is. I also picked out the eye mask – it’s a great example of something that people don’t often buy for themselves but is really useful and much appreciated. I especially love this one as it’s velvety soft.
Shop Beauty >
For my best friend Rebecca, the wooden tray with mother-of-pearl detailing makes for a cute bedside table addition – the perfect place to store jewellery and trinkets. The fluffy robe and slippers will make a gorgeous gift too as she loves nothing more than being cosy. Finally, the black pomegranate candle smells absolutely dreamy – that’ll be a treat for my mum!
Shop Accessories >
What’s on your Christmas wish-list this year?
Having recently moved, I’ve been loving picking out things for my flat. I’ve had my eye on Monsoon’s green marble table for months – it would look lovely in my lounge. I’m also such a jewellery magpie so I can never stop myself from adding a few new shiny gold treasures to my Christmas list – can you really ever have too many rings and necklaces? I think not!
Shop Nightwear & Slippers >
What’s your ultimate fail-safe gift?
A beautiful scented candle – everyone loves them. I think they’re the perfect gift that’s always appreciated.
Shop Jewellery >
Define the Season: Anisa Sojka Curates AW18 Partywear
Define the Season: 4 Ways to Wear Embellishment
Define the Season: How to Style Velvet Suits
Shop Christmas >
Define the season your way with our competition to win £250 worth of Monsoon gifting product – head over to Instagram now to enter.
1. Promoter: Monsoon Accessorize Limited, 1 Nicholas Road, London W11 4AN (“Monsoon”). Registered no. 1098034.
2. Entry opens at 7pm BST on 4th December 2018 and closes at 7pm BST on 11th December 2018.
3. To enter, followers must do the following: follow Monsoon, comment on the designated Instagram entry post by tagging a friend and also like the post. An extra entry point is gained by reposting the competition image to their feed, tagging @Monsoon in the post.
4. A winner will be selected at random from all valid entries. The result of the draw shall be final.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. Entrants must be 18 or over, resident in the UK and have a valid email address, UK postal address and UK telephone number.
7. Monsoon shall be entitled in its sole discretion to remove the tag, report, disqualify or require you to modify or delete content that it deems obscene, offensive, derogatory, invasive of another’s privacy, in breach of confidence or in breach of any other intellectual property right (including copyright) or that otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation.
8. Winners will be notified via Instagram at 1pm on 12th December 2018.
9. In the event that the winner fails to respond by midnight on 19th December 2018, they will be disqualified from the draw. The Entry shall be void and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate winner, drawn at random from the remaining entries.
10. The prize is a £250 Monsoon gift voucher, which will be sent to the winner, by post.
11. If the prize is lost it will not be replaced.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
13. For all queries relating the competition please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Prize is not refundable or transferable, and there is no cash alternative available.
15. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this competition.
16. Employees (and their immediate family members) of Monsoon Accessorize Limited or its associated companies are not eligible to enter the draw.
17. Monsoon reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
18. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this competition.
19. A ‘valid entry’ for the purposes of term 8 is an entry in compliance with the terms and conditions set out above.
20. Entry into the prize draw will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions