At the top of our new-season styling agenda? Dresses – and plenty of them. Fusing fashion and directional detailing with endless wearability, we present the five key day dresses to add to your style rotation now.
1. The Gingham Dress
Think gingham prints are only for spring? Coloured in a warm berry hue, this checked midi dress bridges the gap between the seasons, making it feel relevant now and for the months ahead. Tortoiseshell buttons take it into fashion-forward territory, while the knotted sash adds further definition to your waist. Wear yours with classic black accessories.
2. The Tea Dress
Tea dresses have come a long way in recent seasons. Once considered old-fashioned, these ladylike designs have earned themselves an irrevocably cool reputation as an easy go-to outfit for any day of the week. Try the trend with a floral-print navy number, tying the look together with tan ankle boots and a matching bucket bag. Far from the frumpy, the tie-up sash ensures a flattering fit.
3. The Crepe Dress
Your favourite work dress of 2019 has arrived. Crafted from softly-structured crepe, this form-fitting silhouette in statement red adds a powerful note to your nine-to-five wardrobe. Designed with a D-ring waist, v-shaped neckline and sleek split skirt, this desk-to-dinner design looks best with matching red ankle boots and a soft camel coat for a sophisticated combination that commands attention.
4. The Wrap Dress
Enriching your work-to-weekend line-up, the wrap dress is one of the most flattering pieces that a woman can own. Chic and comfortable in equal measure, this kimono-inspired design comes with a mustard sash that helps define your waist – plus it’s a perfect match for a pair of yellow ankle boots. Complement the rest of the colour palette with a leather bag in classic navy.
5. The Hanky-Hem Dress
Handkerchief hemlines add a sense of movement to the classic midi, elevating its status from tame to arresting. The asymmetric skirt on this geo-print dress is spliced with stripes of red for a more stand-out look, while the knot detail on the chest creates a softer, feminine finish. Style with neutral-hued ankle boots and a mini grab bag in the same scarlet hue.
Beat Blue Monday with our competition to win a £300 gift card – head over to Instagram now to enter.
- Promoter: Monsoon Accessorize Limited, 1 Nicholas Road, London W11 4AN (“Monsoon”). Registered no. 1098034.
2. Entry opens at 7am BST on 21st January 2019 and closes at 7pm BST on 23rd January 2019.
3. To enter, followers must do the following: follow Monsoon, like the designated Instagram post, and for an extra point, tag a friend in the comments on the designated Instagram entry post. An extra entry point is gained by reposting the competition image to their feed tagging @Monsoon in the post.
4. A winner will be selected at random from all valid entries. The result of the draw shall be final.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. Entrants must be 18 or over, resident in the UK and have a valid email address, UK postal address and UK telephone number.
7. Monsoon shall be entitled in its sole discretion to remove the tag, report, disqualify or require you to modify or delete content that it deems obscene, offensive, derogatory, invasive of another’s privacy, in breach of confidence or in breach of any other intellectual property right (including copyright) or that otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation.
8. Winners will be notified via Instagram at 12pm on 25th January 2019.
9. In the event that the winner fails to respond by midnight on 28th January 2019, they will be disqualified from the draw. The Entry shall be void and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate winner, drawn at random from the remaining entries.
10. The prize is a £300 Monsoon gift voucher, which will be sent to the winner, by post.
11. If the prize is lost it will not be replaced.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
13. For all queries relating the competition please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Prize is not refundable or transferable, and there is no cash alternative available.
15. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this competition.
16. Employees (and their immediate family members) of Monsoon Accessorize Limited or its associated companies are not eligible to enter the draw.
17. Monsoon reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
18. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this competition.
19. A ‘valid entry’ for the purposes of term 8 is an entry in compliance with the terms and conditions set out above.
20. Entry into the prize draw will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions