A beach dress is a light, breezy boho dress you can wear over swimwear to cover up, stay cool and shade your skin. They can be light and sheer, crisp cotton, long, short, strappy or sleeved. They come in all shapes and styles and many can be worn like sundresses at home when your holiday is over.
Our top picks
Our collection of beach dresses includes everything from kimonos to kaftans that will have you counting down the days until your next holiday. Here are some of our favourites that look amazing on everyone:
The statement kaftan dress
With a flowing silhouette, metallic accents and delicate tassels – this green kaftan dress is perfect for beach mornings and afternoon wanderings. Pair it with a delicate bracelet for a fun and relaxed look.
The crochet beach dress
For a boho-chic look, this pointelle beach dress is a must-have. The intricate detailing and lightweight fabric make it an absolute dream to wear. Throw on a pair of oversized sunglasses for your ultimate beach style.
The fabulously flowing kaftan
Whether you’re strolling along the shoreline or lounging under a sun umbrella, this beautiful, breezy blue kaftan feels like air con to wear. With a pair of flat sandals, you’ll have yourself the perfect beach outfit.
What’s the difference between kaftans and kaftan dresses?
Now, let’s clear up the confusion between kaftans and kaftan dresses. While they may sound similar, there are some key differences that set them apart:
- They’re usually loose-fitting, flowy and sheer
- Kaftans are often adorned with intricate embroidery, embellishments and prints
- They’re the perfect layer for throwing on for the beach bar
- Closer to a sundress in style, kaftan dresses tend to be made from cool cottons or viscose, which makes them less sheer
- Kaftan dresses often feature details like tassel ties, V-necklines and slits
- They’re the perfect layer for days you want to explore a town before hitting the beach
Ready to elevate your beach style? Don’t miss out on our collection of beach dresses and kaftans.